Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 7

I woke up at 10:30 at Mel's.

She's off at a film shoot. I'm on my own for the first time since arriving in Philly. Today is a day to be productive.

Two days ago, we bought paint, paint material, and bed sheets for my room. But I can't move into my room until the painting is finished. We started painting two nights ago but for a number of reasons never made it to my place yesterday.

So, here I am.

I'm watching Obama talk about education and I'm impressed. I even open up Real Clear Politics to catch up on the news. I used to frequent the site, but not at all recently.

I have to do laundry and make some phone calls and apply to some jobs and get myself over to the apartment to do some painting.

My friends are wondering where I've been. I've been at Mel's. I'm trying to get this blog going. I'm trying to get the free lance thing going. I'm trying to hoist myself out of so psychological mess that is propagated and also mitigated everyday when I call my dad. I feel responsible, and I am delighted when I hear that my frequent phone calls make him happy. But then he cries and asks me when I'm coming home.

The condition of my father places an enormous burden of awareness on my mind. I am trying to become a writer, and I am constantly seeing images of what I might be like when I'm 78. What will I have accomplished? What will I think of the 22-year-old boy who set off to "do what he loved the most"?

I am contemplating doing laundry now, but I have no quarters. Can somebody get me some quarters?

Yesterday I had one of those sessions where I expose all the low opinions of myself and I realize, once again, the importance of self-love.

MSNBC is discussing the Jersey Shore. The President of the United States mentioned the name Snooky (don't correct me if that's not the spelling) two times, in two different speeches.

I feel better today than I have all week.

Ricky Gervais? He's a funny guy. I think I misspelled his name. I am watching the end of a movie with him and Jennifer Gardner and Rob Lowe. He just called Rob Lowe a sperm donor.

What does the Man in the Sky Want?

Is Ricky Gervais going to replace Steve Carrel when he leaves The Office?

So many questions about this thing called Future. Speaking of which...

No comments:

Post a Comment